Our Commitment to Privacy
Effective Date: 1st April 2020
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
This Policy provides you with details about the types of personal data that we collect from you, how we use your personal data and the rights you have to control our use of your personal data.
When we say “Keepsake Jewellery”, “us”, “our” or “we” in this Policy, we are referring to KEEPSAKE JEWELLERY LTD, a company incorporated under the Laws of England and Wales whose registered office is located Unit 22, Orbital 25 Business Park Dwight road, Watford Hertfordshire, WD18 9DA.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the “GDPR”), KEEPSAKE JEWELLERY EUROPE LTD is the “data controller” (as defined in the GDPR) of the personal data, when it determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
In addition, under the GDPR:
‘personal data’ means any information relating to you and that identifies you, directly or indirectly;
‘processing’ means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data.
Here at Keepsake Jewellery we love to send you our amazing Jewellery products! In order to do that we have to process your data and this policy tells you more about why and how we do that. We’ve put the key points here for you:
- Whenever you contact us we may obtain your personal data e.g. if you place an order online we will have your name, address, phone number & email address.
- We have to process your data in order to fulfil our obligation to you e.g. send you your order
- We keep your data as safe as we can and we do not share or sell your data to any other companies
- If you’re on our mailing list, that’ll be because in the past you’ve told us that you’d like to receive communications from us. If you’ve changed your mind, it’s easy to stop receiving these, just click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our email or contact us by email or letter
- If you want to order something from us but don’t want to order online, we can take your order over the phone. We will still need to process some of your data to be able to do this e.g. name, address, email address or phone number.
- Our website uses the platform Shopify. We trust them and you can read their own privacy policies on their websites: www.shopify.com
Why you should read this policy
Information that you provide
Personal information about you (such as your name, email address, phone number) will be obtained, whenever you complete forms on the Website.
We will also obtain personal information you provide when you send feedback, post material, contact us for any reason and by any medium, make purchases through the website, share information via the Website’s social media functions, enter a competition, complete a survey or report a problem with the Website.
We may retain a record of any contact you make with us.
The Website is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect any of their data.
Personal Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her data;
- receive on his/her behalf and data protection notices;
- give consent to any transfer of his/her data;
Information that will be collected automatically
Device information: We may also collect information about your device each time you use the Website. For example, we may collect information on the type of mobile device that you are using and its unique device identifier (for example, the IMEI number, the device’s mobile phone number, or the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface), the type of mobile browser that you are using, the mobile operating system that you are using, mobile network information and the time zone setting.
Location data: We may also collect information to determine your location using GPS technology or such other location tracking software we may use from time to time. Some of the features of the Website may require access to such location data to work. If you would like to use any such feature, you will be asked to consent to provide such location information. You can withdraw your consent to providing this information at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting us via the contact details at the bottom of this policy.
How your personal data will be used
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- billing and order fulfilment for purchases made through the Website;
- to help identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences;
- marketing—see 'Marketing and opting out', below;
- fraud prevention and detection;
- customising the Website and its content to your particular preferences;
- to notify you of any changes to the Website or to our services or products that may affect you;
- improving our services and products.
We might display or send personalized content or communications using profiling techniques. (defined by the GDPR as any form of automated processing of personal data evaluating the personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyse or predict aspects concerning the data subject's personal preferences or interests, behavior or location).
Marketing and opting out
If you prefer not to receive any further direct marketing communications from us you can opt out at any time, by clicking on the unsubscribe button on our emails or by contacting us directly via email or letter at the addresses shown at the end of this policy.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- Where you create an account on the website, this will be controlled by a password and username that are unique to you;
- We will store your personal data on secure servers;
- Payment details are encrypted using SSL technology.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Transfers of data out of the EEA
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that your data is not transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Where we use data servers that may transfer data out of the EEA we will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach.
All information you provide to us is stored with secure data processors for the purposes of storing your data, accounting purposes and social media purposes for example. A copy of your information is also stored securely on our internal server and computers where access is restricted.
Please note that any processors we utilise that may transfer your data to the US, comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, which is a mechanism that ensures compliance with EU data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union to the United States. You can learn more about Privacy Shield here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using our contact details at the bottom of this policy.
When necessary, we rely on the Commission Adequacy decision on the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or we may ask them to enter into contracts based on the template adopted by the European Commission according to Article 46.2 of the GDPR.
What you can do to keep your information safe
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
Your Consent and Rights of Access
You can change your mind or remove or amend your consent at any time.
- You have the right of access to your personal records or other information that we hold about you. There is no administrative charge for this service.
- You have the right to rectify any errors in the data we hold about you. If any data or information we hold about you is inaccurate, or out of date, please contact us and we will correct this immediately.
- You have the right to have the data we hold about you erased.
- If you wish us to continue to store your information but wish us to keep your data separate and not process it in any way, please let us know and we will do so.
- You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You may also specify that you object to direct marketing by particular channels such as by email or telephone. If this is the case, please specify the channels you are objecting to in your communications with us.
- You have the right to data portability. If you wish to obtain your data for your own purposes across different services, we will provide this information to you. There is no administrative charge for this service.
To revise your consent, access, amend or remove your records or assert any of your rights set out above, you should send your request in writing to us at the address shown at the bottom of this policy.
You will need to provide proof of identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill); and specify the personal data you want access to, amended or removed.
How long we will store your data
We will store your data for as long as necessary for the purpose of processing. The data will be deleted in the following circumstances:
- You have withdrawn your consent to data processing
- The original purpose for processing the data is no longer relevant or cannot be performed any more.
- The data is no longer up to date or accurate.
- keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process;
- recognise you whenever you visit the Website (this speeds up your access to the Website as you do not have to log on each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve the Website content, products and services and to help us better understand our visitor and customer requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Consent (notification on home page)
Third party cookies
We work with third-party suppliers who may also set cookies on the Website which, for example, we may use to display video content. These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our Website. If you want further information, please go to the website for the relevant third party.
Description of cookies and similar technologies
The cookies that we utilise on our Website are placed to fulfil such functions as allowing visitors to share content with a range of networking and sharing platforms, analysing how you use the Website and giving you a better more personalized experience.
- Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session and allow us to link your actions during that particular browser session.
- Persistent cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple sites.
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may be unable to purchase items from us. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
We may change this Policy from time to time. You should check this policy frequently to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you use the Website.
We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised person under the age of 13. For the processing of the personal data of a child below the age of 13, the consent of the holder of parental responsibility is necessary. We shall make reasonable efforts to verify in such a case that consent is given or authorized that way, taking into consideration available technology.
We will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via e-mail. If you receive an e-mail claiming to be from Keepsake Jewellery asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
Data Protection Supervisory Authority
The Data Protection Supervisory Authority in the UK is the Information Commissioners Office. Should you have any complaints about the way we handle your data, you may direct them to the ICO. More information on the ICO can be found on their website here: https://ico.org.uk
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send us an email to email@example.com.